It can be said that the key to a delicious meal is the sauce that binds it together.
And who doesn’t love ketchup ?
It’s good with almost everything.
Yet sometimes, the ones we get from the store are packed full of artificial flavouring and preservatives and you’re getting more sugar and “fake stuff” than anything else.
Using sun dried tomatoes for a deep and rich flavour, fresh lemon juice to “zing” it up and apple cider vinegar to add a little punch, this Sun Dried Tomato Ketchup is super simple to make and tastes SOOOOOOOOO good !!
Why not give it a go ?
In this picture, we had our ketchup with Sweet Potato and Red Pepper burgers and a delicious leek and carrot stirfry so I guess we’ll have to post the recipe for those soon.
75g sun dried tomatoes
75ml lemon juice
50ml balsamic or apple cider vinegar
50ml olive oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
Putting it Together
- Soften the sun-dried tomatoes by soaking them in the water for about 30 minutes. Keep the water aside once they have finished soaking.
- Once the sun dried tomatoes are slightly soft, place all ingredients except for the olive oil into a blender.
- Blend on a low speed and slowly pour in the olive oil, blending until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once it is smooth, turn the blender on to HIGH for about 30 seconds.
- If you think the mixture is too thick, simply add in a little bit more water.
- This Ketchup will last up to 2 weeks when stored in an air tight container in the fridge.