Seeing as today is supposedly the most depressing day of the year, or Blue Monday as some people call it, we thought we would share something quick and easy that is bound to cheer you up.
After all, what’s better than chocolate + peanut butter + nice sticky brownies ?
The fact that they’re pretty damn food for you, that’s what’s better !!
And all totally tasty too !!!
250g cooked sweet potato, mashed
50g dried oats
1 ½ tsp baking powder
50g cacao powder
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp honey – if you don’t want to use honey, then try some maple syrup or agave.
Putting it Together
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Gently heat the peanut butter, vanilla and honey until it is smooth and easily stirred.
- Once it is melted down, mix it into the mashed sweet potato and stir together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dried ingredients making sure that every is well combined and mixed through.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients (not the other way round) and combine everything together well.
- Place the mixture into your lined baking tray and press down evenly – you can do this by placing another sheet of grease proof paper on top and pressing it down.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. It may look a little undercooked when you remove it from the oven but it does firm up as it cools down.
- If you find that it is a little too sticky, cover it up and place it in the fridge for a few hours as your sweet potato may not have been drained enough before mashing it up.
- We served it up drizzled with some melted chocolate mixed with peanut butter and sprinkled with some almond flakes.